Saturday, April 19, 2008

Please don't stop the music...

Last night was a fun evening for me and Kevin. We went to his program's annual semi-formal, which we attended last year and really enjoyed. Dinner was not spectacular, however the company was great. It was incredibly relaxing to sit with our friends, talk about nonsense, and just enjoy each other's company. During the course of the evening we were able to determine that a Wii night is in order, where I will inevitably bring down Rob in guitar hero (sorry buddy, but you know it's true).

After the awards were given out to the seniors (Kevin got "most likely to recommend retail therapy") the music started and everyone got up to dance. While it is a little out of the ordinary for Kevin and I to "shake it" on the dance floor, we decided that this was his last semi-formal, so we should have a great time. Our plan was to go to dinner, hang out with Sneha, Rob and Apurna, and then head home.

However, as the evening progressed, we were invited out by some of Kevin's classmates. Being the homebody that I am, I was inclined to say no, but Kevin reminded me that we had been invited last year, said no, and hadn't been invited since....

I thought he made an interesting point, so we decided to go for a little while. We went to a club called "The Pearl" which is a downtown Dayton diner that has been converted into a dance club. When we first got there, there was literally one woman in the middle of the floor dancing by herself...I was convinced that we had been taken to the lamest club ever. But, as Kevin's classmates filtered in, everyone started dancing and it was really fun. I had a great time dancing with Lauren, Marium and Leslie, as well as laughing at Kevin when I was actually able to drag him onto the floor.

I was reminded last night of Jordan and how she's always trying to convince me that breaking out of my comfort zone can sometimes be a good thing...it's sad that I'm figuring out there may have been some truth to her ideas when she's too far away for me to enjoy it with her. What can I say, Jordan? You were right.

Today we are heading to Playhouse for a show and possibly to dinner with M2 at Grubb Steak, our favorite downtown Dayton restaurant that is closing it's original location. While the new place is closer to us, I fear it will not have the same atmosphere that the original one does...I guess we'll see.

Thank you to Marium for initiating a great night out, Leslie for teaching me some interesting dance moves, Nick for not denying me a dance :) And of course Kevin...these events would not be fun without you there to share them with me. below are some tame pictures from the dinner before the dancing...


Kevin and his Indian women (Sneha and Apurna)

Me and Kevin waiting for dinner.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would never deny you anything!!!

Oh, and now that I know you have a wii AND play guitar hero (a game I play at the Expert level), we definately must get together soon. And there is always poker! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home